Multiple devices reboots simultaneously - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Multiple devices reboots simultaneously

Hi, I have encountered a pretty odd problem. Several of my devices (computer, ventilation controller, DVB to WiFi transducer, and fiber box for the internet) started to reboot simultaneously and apparently by random, exactly like in case of a short power failure. None of the devices with battery rebooted. After a lot of tests, it showed that the problem was that one of the devices got to hot, and rebooted both itself, and the other devices, over the WiFi!

I havenít been able to find any prior record of the issue. Can you help me out explain what happens?

NB. It is not the power supply or noise (EMC); I have spent hours ruling out these

madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Multiple devices reboots simultaneously

I smell dirty power surging your devices. Are you running off a surge protector?

Old 08-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Multiple devices reboots simultaneously

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindoverMaster View Post
I smell dirty power surging your devices. Are you running off a surge protector?
I came to the same conclusion, and installed surge protection, but without any effect.
I also installed battery supply on the devices, using a DC to AC inverter, but without any effect.
I logged the powersupply every 10 ms for a week, but without any effect.

Switched the WiFi off, and the were gone.

Odd.
madsen is offline   Reply With Quote