MSI Radeon HD R7770 GHz issues

Your CPU (i3 2120) is sandy bridge, your motherboard isn't (it can only be *able* to support sandy bridge or ivy bridge, both names are just code names for a particular type of CPU)

Checking your bios version now against release dates, gimme 5 mins.

edit: oh have you checked this thread btw? https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/526031/gtx-650-problems/ secure boot was giving some people problems there

One of the posts mentions that's an issue with Windows 8, I'm on Windows 7, still checking though (Windows 7 home 64bit if I recall correctly, I know it's 64 but, just not sure on the "home" part).

So after some more searching myself (with some of the knowledge I've gotten from speaking with you), I found BiosAgentPlus. I ran a scan and it came up saying that I have a few device drivers that need updating (even though windows insists they're up to date) as well as *drumroll* a Bios update.

Was wondering if you knew the reliability of this BiosAgentPlus, I'd rather not download a Bios update from a 3rd party program, having already read numerous times of the repercussions of getting the wrong Bios...

Also, since it seems I'm going to inevitably be flashing my Bios (and having seen multiple tutorials that have taken different approaches), I was wondering if you'd be able to link me to a "good" tutorial on flashing a Bios, since I have honestly don't know how flashing the Bios works.

Thanks for your patience with me, I know I can be a bit on the aggravating side with my lack of knowledge about this stuff. :(

EDIT: It's about 2 AM here now so I think I'm going to head off to bed. I'll check back tomorrow to see if you found anything. If not don't worry about it, you've been a HUGE help already. :)

Last edited:
If you need a BIOS update, NEVER use third party software, only use the software provided by the manufacture of the motherboard.

Third party software can really screw you up...

Back
Top Bottom