MSI P35 Plat BIOS Flash- Strange, but not disastrous, results... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2007, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via MSN to Vaanish
Default MSI P35 Plat BIOS Flash- Strange, but not disastrous, results...

OK So I flashed the BIOS on my new MSI P35 Plat from 1.0 to the newest version, 1.4. Before the flash, EVERYTHING was totally fine, but now something strance happens at startup. After the POST screen, the screen goes black, and there is a message (well this isnt exactly it but its something like this)

Checking Marvell RAID Drivers.

Then there is a line of white rectangles (with black spaces in between them) and then from left to right, the black between the rectangles gets filled up, and it makes a full white bar.

After this, windows loads up as normal, and is perfectly stable.

Also, I have a second thing to ask (it did this before the BIOS flash). When I turn my comp on, the fans all spin up for a second and the LEDs in them all light up. But then they all spin down again, and the case is dak again. After 5 seconds of this darkness, the computer loads as said above. Is there something wrong with my system?

Thanks for the replies.
MSI P35 Plat // 4GB DDR2 1033 // HD 4870 // Conroe C2D e6300 @ 2.5Ghz
Closed Thread