MSI GTX 260

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to take this card out and put my old 9600gt oc back in and try to get a new one or at least try to talk to MSI about it. Really bummed about this cause I wanted to have it in when I install my new ssd this weekend. Looks like its prob gonna be a couple of weeks now.

I believe that it is still all original paste and everything from the factory. I doesn't appear that the card has ever been touched. Does repasting void the warranty's on the card? I have some TX-2 that I just bought for my new CPU a couple of weeks ago. Would that be good or would you recommend something else.
Also the card was manufactured one year ago.

I started looking at this stupid graphics card again and I just realized that my tv tuner card it directly below the gpu. It actually is up against the shroud on the gpu, Could this be causing problems. I am going to reapply the thermal paste and check for dust and dirt on the heatsink. This tv tuner doesnt cover the fan but it covers the entire rest of the card pretty much. And when I was looking at some links on replacing the thermal paste i saw that some people use alot of thermal paste on the gpu and some people dont. Which is better? and will I need to do anything with the thermal pads for the gpu mem?

I would love to move it but it is a pcie 1x and its in the lowest slot. I may try taking it out and if it does help i will leave it out and just get a little tv for my desk. I was going to just change the thermal paste tonight but I decided I probably shouldnt since I have a midterm in mechanical design I tomorrow. By the way I have an ECS GF8200A motherboard with a Phenom II x3 720 BE CPU running windows 7 ultimate with 4gb of ocz pc2-8500 ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom