MSI ATi Theater550 pro TV Tuner in Vista crashing, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazzahelpme

Solid State Member
Hi,

I have a computer loaded with Windows Vista Premium. I have recently purchased the MSI Theater550 Pro TV Tuner card, but everytime i put it into my PCI slot and boot the compter, it loads fine but then will pop up will the usual Windows Device Driver installing and crashes to a Blue screen of Death. I tried it many times, and have tried to download the newest drivers from ATI, but that doesn't help as whenever i boot up the computer it crashes and doesn't give me any time to do anything. Does anyone know what my problem may be?? Cheers.

Socket 939 AMD Athlon 64+ 4600 Dual Core CPU
Asus A8n-SLi Motherboard
Seagate 300gb Sata II HDD
Samsung 8 speed DVD/RW Burner
1GB Hynix Ram (2 * 512MB)
ThermalTake 430W PSU
Silverstone LC16M Media Case
and last but not least MSI ATI 550 Theater Pro PCI TV Tuner Card!!

Boot in to safe mode (with networking). To boot in to safe mode, start just tapping F8 after you see the POST screen (the first one you see that lists your components). Download and install the drivers. Then hope it works ;)

Hi, thanks for trying to help me. I gave that a shot and still no dice, it would boot in safe mode and recognise the tv tuner but would not install it and after a restart would crash before loading windows. All of my drivers/bios is up to date and i still can't load the tv tuner card because it crashes before i get a chance to. I have tried the card on my other computer (an old dell) and it works perfectly. I have read on the internet that a few people have had trouble with the 550 pro tuner cards with nf4 chipsets on their motherboard (mines asus A8n-sli and uses that chipset), the only thing is no one seems to have a sugestion to fix it. My computer runs perfect without the tv tuner card installed, but put it in and it crashes to bsod. Please help!! I'm desperate and feel like i've tried everything. Cheers.

Looks like you're going to have to call up ATI or MSI for help on this one, sounds like a poorly written driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom