MSI AMD Radeon HD 7770 problems.

OvidiuN7

Baseband Member
Hello everyone. I just bought a brand new MSI AMD Radeon HD7770 PE factory OC and after installing any driver and rebooting my PC freezes at the "Starting Windows" screen. With all that I can still hear the sound of windows starting but my graphics card just shuts down (fans are still running).
My tech specs:
MB- MSI 770 C45
RAM- 4 GB
HDD- 1TB
Processor- AMD Athlon II x2 250 3.00 GHz
VGA- MSI AMD Radeon HD 7770 PE OC
PSU- Spire ATX 650WTB PFC P

Hello everyone. I just bought a brand new MSI AMD Radeon HD7770 PE factory OC and after installing any driver and rebooting my PC freezes at the "Starting Windows" screen. With all that I can still hear the sound of windows starting but my graphics card just shuts down (fans are still running).
My tech specs:
MB- MSI 770 C45
RAM- 4 GB
HDD- 1TB
Processor- AMD Athlon II x2 250 3.00 GHz
VGA- MSI AMD Radeon HD 7770 PE OC
PSU- Spire ATX 650WTB PFC P

May be DOA. RMA it and have them send you another.

Can't. I bought it from amazon without a worldwide warranty. Only Canada, USA, Mexico available warranty.

Please read this carefully:
MSI Global - Warranty Information

Make sure you still have the barcode on your vga card make sure you have any necessary information from amazon.com to provide to MSI UK or USA.

Taken from:MSI USA - Warranty Information
Product Type Warranty Term Remarks
Motherboards 3 years In accordance with original manufacturer's products serial number/barcode, motherboards manufactured from Jan. 01 2010 are warranted for three years. Please find date code example here.

* For products manufactured prior to Jan. 01, 2010, please refer policy here.
Graphics Card Product 3 years In accordance with original manufacturer's products serial number/barcode, graphics card products manufactured from Jan. 01 2010, are warranted for three years. Please find date code example here.

Barebone system (Notebook, Desktop, All-In-One PC) 1 year One year warranty from purchase date*.
Industrial PC 1 year One year warranty from purchase date*.
MSI Notebook System Varied per model Please refer to Notebook Warranty Policy.
MSI Desktop PC 1 year Please refer to "Desktop & All-In-One PCs Warranty Policy"
MSI All-In-One PC 1 year Please refer to "Desktop & All-In-One PCs Warranty Policy"
Multimedia Devise Products 1 year One year warranty from purchase date*.
Communication Products 1 year One year warranty from purchase date*.
Desktop Computer Case** 3 years MSI recommends to contact your initial point of purchase (within their standard return period) for fastest service; to order additional accessories (screws, replacement parts) or RMA service, please click here.

For Desktop Computer Case Only - Email: support@msipowered.com
Optical Drive 1 year MSI recommends to contact your initial point of purchase (within their standard return period) for fastest service.

For Optical Drive question and RMA request - Email: support@msipowered.com

I advise you call MSI and see what they say about fixing your graphics card.

Please read this carefully:
MSI Global - Warranty Information

Make sure you still have the barcode on your vga card make sure you have any necessary information from amazon.com to provide to MSI UK or USA.

Taken from:MSI USA - Warranty Information
Product Type Warranty Term Remarks
Motherboards 3 years In accordance with original manufacturer's products serial number/barcode, motherboards manufactured from Jan. 01 2010 are warranted for three years. Please find date code example here.

Graphics Card Product 3 years In accordance with original manufacturer's products serial number/barcode, graphics card products manufactured from Jan. 01 2010, are warranted for three years. Please find date code example here.

Barebone system (Notebook, Desktop, All-In-One PC) 1 year One year warranty from purchase date*.
Industrial PC 1 year One year warranty from purchase date*.
MSI Notebook System Varied per model Please refer to Notebook Warranty Policy.
MSI Desktop PC 1 year Please refer to "Desktop & All-In-One PCs Warranty Policy"
MSI All-In-One PC 1 year Please refer to "Desktop & All-In-One PCs Warranty Policy"
Multimedia Devise Products 1 year One year warranty from purchase date*.
Communication Products 1 year One year warranty from purchase date*.
Desktop Computer Case** 3 years MSI recommends to contact your initial point of purchase (within their standard return period) for fastest service; to order additional accessories (screws, replacement parts) or RMA service, please click here.

For Desktop Computer Case Only - Email: support@msipowered.com
Optical Drive 1 year MSI recommends to contact your initial point of purchase (within their standard return period) for fastest service.

For Optical Drive question and RMA request - Email: support@msipowered.com

I advise you call MSI and see what they say about fixing your graphics card.

I live in republic of Moldova.

I live in republic of Moldova.

Well I gave you some options in my last post.
Either you can call or email msi technical support and see where you stand on warranty and rma help.
If you can't get any warrenty repairs on it even if you paid for the new card you maybe out of luck.

We could do this one way and see what happens.
AMD Catalyst 13.1
Please google for this version and download it for windows 7 64bit.
Next we want to perform a clean install with this:
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd_cleanup_util_1.2.1.0.exe

Uninstall any previous drivers, once done, power off the machine and take out the card. :/
Next use onboard video and install the catalyst I recommended.
Once installed power your pc back down insert the card and power it back on.
If I'm right your vga should come back on all the way to windows start screen.
If for some odd reason it cuts off again, lightly take your finger tip and touch the heatsink of the card.
If its abit hot and whatever else you do indeed have defective card.

Lemme know what happens soon.

Well I gave you some options in my last post.
Either you can call or email msi technical support and see where you stand on warranty and rma help.
If you can't get any warrenty repairs on it even if you paid for the new card you maybe out of luck.

We could do this one way and see what happens.
AMD Catalyst 13.1
Please google for this version and download it for windows 7 64bit.
Next we want to perform a clean install with this:
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd_cleanup_util_1.2.1.0.exe

Uninstall any previous drivers, once done, power off the machine and take out the card. :/
Next use onboard video and install the catalyst I recommended.
Once installed power your pc back down insert the card and power it back on.
If I'm right your vga should come back on all the way to windows start screen.
If for some odd reason it cuts off again, lightly take your finger tip and touch the heatsink of the card.
If its abit hot and whatever else you do indeed have defective card.

Lemme know what happens soon.

Alright. I did what you told me. The card is a bit warm(no reason to worry) but then when I restarted my PC i got a blue screen that gave me this error: amdiox64.sys
then when I restarted another blue screen gave me another error: HDAudBus. So far I got that it's a driver issue.

P.S. My card doesnt go off completly. the fan is still running but at a very low speed ( and if you are familiar with radeons you should know they are noisy, so everytime I get to Starting Windows the noise disappears)

Last edited:
Alright. I did what you told me. The card is a bit warm(no reason to worry) but then when I restarted my PC i got a blue screen that gave me this error: amdiox64.sys
then when I restarted another blue screen gave me another error: HDAudBus. So far I got that it's a driver issue.

P.S. My card doesnt go off completly. the fan is still running but at a very low speed ( and if you are familiar with radeons you should know they are noisy, so everytime I get to Starting Windows the noise disappears)

Indeed some radeons are noisy especially my last 5450 and my recent am2 based 6500 and 7000 gpu/cpus.

But we maybe in luck try to get these repaired and see what happens.
Blue screen and audio issues - HDaudbus.sys - Microsoft Community

If you don't mind me asking what type on onboard sound card you got ?
We may need to update the driver and not use the gpu's hdsound crap.

Have another look at this too:
Solved - Windows 7 Random BSOD's | PC Help Forum

Make sure to read both and attempt to fix them.
If you do atleast most of your problems should stop.
Lastly which microsoft windows os do you have and what ram type do you have installed inside your machine ?

Indeed some radeons are noisy especially my last 5450 and my recent am2 based 6500 and 7000 gpu/cpus.

But we maybe in luck try to get these repaired and see what happens.
Blue screen and audio issues - HDaudbus.sys - Microsoft Community

If you don't mind me asking what type on onboard sound card you got ?
We may need to update the driver and not use the gpu's hdsound crap.

Have another look at this too:
Solved - Windows 7 Random BSOD's | PC Help Forum

Make sure to read both and attempt to fix them.
If you do atleast most of your problems should stop.
Lastly which microsoft windows os do you have and what ram type do you have installed inside your machine ?

2.00 GB x2 VDATA 2005.6 MHz each
Win 7 ultimate 64 bit

P.S. I tried installing only the Display driver and it still gave me same issue.

2.00 GB x2 VDATA 2005.6 MHz each
Win 7 ultimate 64 bit

P.S. I tried installing only the Display driver and it still gave me same issue.

Alright lets try this Please read carefully:
MSI Radeon HD 7770 easily crashes/ very unstable - Radeon - Graphics & Displays
Now since you have oc ram and a video card, lets attempt to underclock your memory back down to 1600mhz or even 1333mhz. :)

Next find a way to underclock your gpu's speed to normal manufacturer specs if any.
I have a bad feeling the reason why you and many others may have this problem because everything is abit to OC'd.

If after all of this does not work, your last option is contacting msi personally.
Also I recommend you let them see this thread if they attempt to give you the run around of not helping you.

Back
Top Bottom