MS Win7 HP Notebook

Update-- I kept trying different boots in and out of safe mode.. it made no difference. I took an old drive and plugged it into the system. It seemed like it was the HDD so I went about installing programs. I attempted to install MS Office and the lag returned. I checked task manager during install ram was at 650mbs and the processor was at 0/idle.. any thoughts? never work on your mother inlaws stuff smh!

16ghczp.png

update-- can this be moved to hardware... fresh install of win7 and confirmed good HDD did not fix the problem. I will report back once I have figured out the issue.

OK so after I thought about it I realized maybe it was a cooling issue. The problem only started after it had been running for a couple of mins or when it had a load. I placed a large box fan under the laptop and it worked perfect. Removed the fan and it become sluggish again. This is my mother inlaws pc so I advised of part number. To date she has not ordered it. I will post one more followup if part is ever purchased and repair made.

Back
Top Bottom