MS Wi Mouse too sensitive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlumpDud

Solid State Member
I bought this wireless mouse: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=070

It works fine EXCEPT:

It is hyper-sensitive when compared with all other mice (I've tested a vast array, including other wireless mice). I'll explain:

Under the mouse control panel, the pointer speed has a slider bar with 11 levels of sensitivity. For any mouse that's plugged in (including my laptop's built in touch pad), I have the sensitivity set to 6.

However, when I unplug the normal mouse and plug in the above mentioned portable mouse, the mouse pointer is super sensitive despite the slider bar staying at 6. In order for it to be usable, I have to drag the sensitivity down to 4.

So, the portable MS mouse is inherently more sensitive despite Windows' mouse sensitivity level staying the same.

What's the big deal? Here's why:

I use my laptop both at home and in class. Whenever I use that mouse, I have to go into control panel and change the sensitivity. Then, when I'm done using the that mouse, I have to switch it back. Huge pain in the ***.

Anyone know what might be causing this and if there's a way to fix it?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom