Mouse stops, VERY slow start-up time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejjman1

Baseband Member
This is a new PC that I built not too long ago. If you want to know any parts, then request. But it's your standard computer.

Every now and then, my mouse will stop working all of the sudden. After shutting down my computer, and turning it back on, the screen that pops up and shows what I have plugged into my SATA connections is VERY slow.

Normally, a person is RACING to hit the Del to enter BIOS, but under my condition, the letters in the words take around 2 minutes to finally spell out, and even when I hit Del it doesn't do anything. After this, the entering windows thing pops up, and it never enters.

To fix this problem, I have to simply unplug the PSU cord from the wall, then wait 15 seconds, then plugging it back in. I do not know why, and I know that there is something (terribly) wrong. I have had to do this around 4 times, and I think it's time to figure out the problem.

If anyone can help me or point me in the direction, or have me try some things, I'll be glad to. Thanks for reading!

EDIT:

When I also turn it on, it didn't used to do this, but it clicks around 4 times, in intervals of like, 2 seconds. So after not clicking then (like, 10 seconds), then it makes that big click, and the information pops up...It never did this, but started all of the sudden.

Sounds like a possibly hardware failure. Possibly a CPU ore motherboard since it barely gets past the POST screen.

When your mouse stopped working was it just the mouse that wasn't responding? Did anything else work like the keyboard? Or was it a total freezeup?

Try resetting the CMOS batter on the MB, maybe there was a setting changed at some point that is screwing up the system.

If not and it takes forever to load up then you probably have something failing on the system, again maybe motherboard or CPU. You could load into windows and run stress tests on the CPU and RAM.

yes, just the mouse quits.

It is a very slow load up, and probably wouldn't.

I think there's also something with the clicking noise, which is hard to explain.

LIttle digits appear inside on the MOBO, switching from F6 to F3, and does that again for like 8 seconds, until finally it starts up (and clicking stops)

x58 sli le is the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom