Mouse sometimes doubles clicks on - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Mouse sometimes doubles clicks on

I have a Razer naga which i purchased maybe a year ago, and its been great mouse since last week, my mouse has been acting weird and has been double clicking when i single click for eg. when i select a file it would sometimes just open it up for me and i have the mouse set up for double clicking the file to open instead of single clicks need some help and suggestions plz.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Mouse sometimes doubles clicks on

Try getting the latest drivers from Razer. Also, if that is still under warranty, you can RMA it.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Have the most recent updates, and i wish i could return it back to razer but razer requires the receipt from the store i bought it from in order for me return it back to razer so my only hope right now is to find a solution for it.

thanks
Old 09-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

You don't need a receipt to RMA it. RMA is where you send a defective hardware to the manufacturer, and they will fix it or replace it when still under warranty or not tampered with.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Are you sure its the mouse? Have you tried to use a different mouse and see if it still does it? There is a virus that makes you double click.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Have you tried taking the mouse apart and cleaning it?? My Microsoft mouse did the same thing last week, sometimes it would even click on things for me. I removed (4) small screws to gain access to the interior of the mouse (they were hidden under the label and feet pads), then I used compressed air to clean out the dust. Next I examined the switches for each button, you may find some lint or hair matted up around the actuators. I used a toothpick to scrap the matting away and then used another shot of compressed air. Reassemble the mouse and you should be good to go. If it's still acting crazy then you probably need a new mouse.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaymate View Post
Have you tried taking the mouse apart and cleaning it?? My Microsoft mouse did the same thing last week, sometimes it would even click on things for me. I removed (4) small screws to gain access to the interior of the mouse (they were hidden under the label and feet pads), then I used compressed air to clean out the dust. Next I examined the switches for each button, you may find some lint or hair matted up around the actuators. I used a toothpick to scrap the matting away and then used another shot of compressed air. Reassemble the mouse and you should be good to go. If it's still acting crazy then you probably need a new mouse.
For this Razer naga i dont see any screw, so i dont think taking it apart is an option i also tried spraying the mouse with compressed air and that didnt seem to work at all
help plz

Closed Thread