mouse software

Status
Not open for further replies.

etch

Baseband Member
i just got a logitech mx510 and i was wondering which of its softwares i should install, should i just install the drivers? i hear hte other stuff is just cons to market their products

I have a Logitech mouse and I installed all the latest drivers. Big mistake. Now, it doesn't give me the option to decide how many lines are scrolled with each notch of the scrollwheel. There's no option to do this in the new mouse options. Totally lame. I'm going to completely uninstall all this Logictech Mouseware crap. You don't need it. The mouse worked fine when I plugged it in straight out of the box, I just figured that installing proper drivers would be the best thing to do. I was wrong.

baroquejim said:
I have a Logitech mouse and I installed all the latest drivers. Big mistake. Now, it doesn't give me the option to decide how many lines are scrolled with each notch of the scrollwheel. There's no option to do this in the new mouse options. Totally lame. I'm going to completely uninstall all this Logictech Mouseware crap. You don't need it. The mouse worked fine when I plugged it in straight out of the box, I just figured that installing proper drivers would be the best thing to do. I was wrong.

What are you talking about?

Which Logitech drivers are you using? Set Point?

Anyways, if you're using the MX510 dl the latest drivers from Logitech's website as it fixes many game issues.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/CA/EN,CRID=322,CONTENTID=8749

Don't use the drivers that came with the disc. It might be an older version.

If you want to change your scrolling size just go into Mouse Properties and then into the buttons tab and at the bottom you can set your scrolling size.

If you have a newer mouse like the MX518 then you're using Set Point. Set Point is highly recommended if you have the MX518 because it allows you to customize your dpi settings. There is also an option in Set Point that allows you to change your scrolling size.

It is best to install Logitech drivers if you own one of their 'gaming' mice because they have made certain revisions in the drivers for gaming compatibility.

I have a MX310 and I installed the package specifically for it from the Logictech site. There is no option anywhere to adjust the scroll length, and I went over every single square inch of the options many times over. Maybe it's different on the 510's.

I prefer the basic windows driver for the logitech MX-5XX mice

I had a good reason, but I forgot why.

baroquejim said:
I have a MX310 and I installed the package specifically for it from the Logictech site. There is no option anywhere to adjust the scroll length, and I went over every single square inch of the options many times over. Maybe it's different on the 510's.

There should be an option if you're using their latest mouseware for the MX310.

Go into the Help file and see assigning buttons section.

But it should be in Mouse Properties > Buttons. It "should" be there at the bottom.

If it isn't I don't really know what to say but it "should" be there.

so i should d/l just the drivers that either come with the packaging or off logitech's site (whatever is more recent?) but bottom line is that i should?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom