Mouse Says: rez plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazy_taco

In Runtime
I am going to try and keep this short if you don't mind.

I have a Logitech G5 mouse. I built a computer, and the case has 2 front usb ports. After looking into it, the USB pin assignment for the case was different from the motherboard's. Before I knew that, I plugged my mouse into the front USB ports. The mouse is now half working. When it is plugged in, the bottom light turned on, however, it does not work. Installing drivers does nothing. How can I get my mouse to work?

the front two probably dont work or they're installed wrong so im suggesting to get a hub and plug it in the back

Sigh. I'm not asking how to fix the USB ports. I'm trying to fix the mouse. Try reading my post a little more thoroughly next time.

I've tested it on multiple computers and other USB ports. The mouse just isn't sending data. Is there anyway I can fix it myself?

Do you really expect to recieve help after being rude to people? I know the solution, but I choose not to help you. Google it!

To get the mouse working, try a USB->PS2 adapter. They run very cheap, and might make the mouse work better.

Most (almost all) of the front USB ports on a computer are USB high speed, not full speed. They run at 110MB/s, instead of USB 2.0's 480MB/s. This may be why the mouse was malfunctioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom