Mouse Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courser

Beta member
Hi all. First, I'd like to say that I used the search tool and read through this topic.

Recently, I started having a problem with my Logitech MX510 Optical USB mouse. What happens is that it seemingly randomly just decides to stop responding to movement or any functions on it (buttons, scroll wheel) while it is still plugged into a USB port. The only way to get it to work again is to take it out and plug it back in. I have tried plugging it into a different USB port, but it still happens. I would like to add that it is detected on the device manager as installed. I would also like to add that when I take it out, it makes the "removal sound" as though the mouse thought it was plugged in and working fine even though it acted as if it was not plugged in.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Regards,
Courser

Did you mouse come with one of the usb to ps/2 converters? You could use that and avoid using the USB for the mouse. Also, do you have any other USB devices that you use, and have you noticed this problem with any of them?

Did you mouse come with one of the usb to ps/2 converters? You could use that and avoid using the USB for the mouse. Also, do you have any other USB devices that you use, and have you noticed this problem with any of them?

My mouse did not come with a USB to PS/2 converter. The other USB devices I use include a printer, flash drive, joystick, and an iPod cord. I haven't noticed anything wrong with those devices though, it seems to only be the mouse.

We recently resolved a similar problem with Logitech mice and my son's computer. It peeved me enough to write up an article on my web site in case others have the same problem. There's a lot more detail there, but the short story in our case was that it was an IRQ conflict. I thought were long past the days of IRQ problems, but that's what it was. We resolved it by downloading a new (Vista compatible) BIOS for the Asus motherboard he has. There was one article about cleaning up (USB) devices in the the device manager that helped a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom