Mouse Pointer Twitching

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzmxer608

Fully Optimized
I bought the OCZ Behemoth (Newegg.com - OCZ Technology Behemoth Black USB Wired Laser 3200 dpi Gaming Mouse - Mouse) and I love it. Only thing I don't like is that when the mouse is still (I'm not touching it at all) the pointer twitches and moves across the screen. Sometimes it makes it difficult to double click shortcuts, or highlight text. I have it set at 2400DPI, but it does it on all of the DPI settings. I made sure there isn't anything covering the laser. Only thing I haven't done is try a different mouse pad, I'll have to dig out my old one tomorrow.

Is there anything else that could be causing this?

After playing with it today, I figured out it happens when I turn on the ghetto rigged fan I have strapped to the front of my case. If I gently have my hand on the mouse, I can feel it vibrate very slightly. I normally have this fan on when playing games, so it's not that big of a deal since the mouse is almost always moving (or not needed at all).

Lol yeah there very sensitive to movement/dust and particles near the lens/laser so be mindful of that

Ok, this is more of a general high performance mouse question rather than a issue.

Are all of the high-end mice very sensitive? Right now I have the enhance pointer precision off, and the slider directly in the center for Window's mouse settings. I have the mouse DPI setting at 1600. It seems like the tiniest vibration causes the pointer to move. Even with the fan off and the cursor being perfectly still, if I double click the cursor moves. This didn't happen with my stock mouse when the MS mouse setting was at a higher speed.

Just wondering if this is normal that it's so sensitive? Is the only way to stop this is to use a lower DPI setting?

I have a Razer Diamondback which has 1800 DPi. I know that mine isnt that sensitive. It maybe cause it is now several years old. But i do know that even when i first got it i never experienced anything like you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom