Mouse Buttons Problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2006, 01:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Mouse Buttons Problem

Hi, hope you can help.

I purchased a new Genius Ergo 525 Laser 2000dpi Gaming mouse.

It works, except the addtional buttons are not recognised, they simply do nothing (like the Previous, Next buttons).

I run Windows XP Pro, SP2.

I have checked the drivers and loaded the software that came with it.

More specifically I wanted to be able to use the mouse to play Battlefield 2 with and bind functions to the extra buttons on the "gaming" mouse.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Solution - Genius Ergo 520 & 525 extra buttons not working

As you know, the extra buttons fo the genuis ergo 520 & 525 dont work with any of the games with the given driver cd, though it works well for the windows applications and multimedia functions. The problem seems to be with the driver and the software and not with the games. The workaround i have found is to download and install to IO Centre software from and then using that software to set your extra keys to four keystrokes on your keyboard (i used q,w,e & r). Now when you try to bind those buttons to any game they will be recognised as their respective keystrokes on the keyboard and you will be able to use 4 extra buttons, namely the 2 thumb buttons and the 2 buttons above and below the wheel. This worked for me and maybe will for you too. I have tried this trick on UT2004.
Note: The tilt wheel and dpi button will not be recognised.

Closed Thread