Motherboard Won't Come Out In HP Pavillion 733n?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gho5t

Baseband Member
Hello, I have an HP Pavillion 733n as you can see, and when I tied to remove the motherboard(AM35) it wouldn't come apart because there was another screw in the motherboard on the corner of it but I don't know how to take it off? I really want to replace my motherboard due to the fact I just bought a new XFX GeForce 9400GT, and it works only for PCI-Express 2.0 slots and the motherboard I have now uses AGP. If you know how to replace the omtherboard please do tell. And I wanted to know If an ASUS M4A87TD Motherboard would fit into my HP Pavillion 733n?
Thanks,

Gho5t

Can you show us a picture please, of the insides of your case. Some computer manufacturers have propitiatory boards, that do not match the standard.

The ASUS board can be used with your current hardware.

Yours- DDR, Socket A
ASUS- DDR3, Socket AM3

Sure, I hope you can see the pictures, sorry if you can't I am new to this.
Edit: Here's the link to where I uploaded my pictures. I don't know how to use this. Link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=46921&id=100000922588972&l=ffcd1ffab0

Are you saying my processor will fit into the ASUS M4A87TD? If so, can you explain to me what hardware are you talking about.

And would the ASUS M4A87TD fit into my present HP Pavillion 733n case?

Thanks,
Gho5t

Probably held down for a reason..

Your current CPU (processor) will not work with the new motherboard.
Your current RAM (memory) will not work with the new motherboard.

Your current motherboard is totally different from the one you want. Nothing from your current system, except the optical and hard drive, can be carried over.

I can not tell. I need a picture of your full motherboard.

Yeah I kinda new that, I thought you meant that, but thanks anyways. And those three pictures, I actually took a picture of the screw or whatever it is that wont come off. You should be able to see it. But if your saying the motherboard I want wont fit into the case, then I wont need to know how to take the mother board off. So do you think it will fit or is the motherboard to big for the HP Pavillion Case? Sorry if I misunderstood.

Looks like that screw in the first pic uses a flathead screwdriver, you try that? If so, there might be a nut behind the motherboard plate.

As for will a new board fit in there, I do not know. I need to know the standoff locations. take a wise picture of your full board.

Thank you so much, I'll try that and I will try to move some things around so I can take a picture of my whole board. Thanks again.

Edit: Well in the end, I thought it over again, and I think my board was not meant to come apart, and that the motherboard I want, won't fit, thanks for your advice and information. Solved.

Thanks,

Gho5t

I have almost the same PC (734n) and the motherboard is a bit tricky to get out. In the top right corner there is a clip that holds the board in. Put two fingers behind the board and push the clip through with your thumb. Take all the screws out. For some reason, the standoffs seem to get wedged in the motherboard and don't want to come out. On the back panel, if you have the "Do Not Remove" cover (mine was over the motherboard's VGA port, they put a cover if the machine comes with an AGP graphics card), remove it (ironic, huh) as it prevents the board from coming out. Once that is off, pull the motherboard up from the right edge, wiggling it gently back and forth until all the standoffs are free, then pull it out of the back panel and out of the case. Finally, remove the back panel insert.

The 734n (and most likely 733n as it seems to be the same thing) case is a Micro-ATX case and is compatible with any modern Micro ATX motherboard. There is barely enough room to fit a full size ATX power supply in the case, but if done right it will work.

The motherboard you were trying to add is a full ATX board. That will NOT work. However, any Micro-ATX board will and you will be able to find such a board to fit the new processor you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom