Motherboard woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carodor

Solid State Member
I'm looking for advice for what might be causing a problem I've been having on computer reboots.

If I reboot my PC, it will show my video card specs first and then go to a black screen as if the bios isn't starting up. If I take out my battery and replace it, it will load normally and I have to set the bios to default. If I try and make changes in the settings then it forces a reboot and I get another black screen.

I have replaced the CMOS battery with a new one and that made no change. Is it time for a new mobo? I'd really miss my ol P5QL PRO.

Does it log into Windows? Some BIOS are so fast, it doesn't shop up. There may be a setting in BIOS to set "view POST" or something.

It will load into windows and run flawlessly after I remove and replace the battery. I've had this mobo for two years and have made no hardware changes. I've read that sometimes a PCIe slot can go bad and can cause this. I've removed RAM one stick at a time and have run mem tests on it also with no problems. Only thing I can figure is something is or has gone bad on my mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom