Motherboard showing too high temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

zndek

Beta member
Hey guys.

So I just bought me a new case, Cooler Master HAF 932.

Now I put the parts from my old OEM computer to it and first it worked fine. Then I plugged my earphone and it shutdown itself. Then I checked the connections and they seemed to be fine. After that I booted it again and I made it to the list where I can choose my operating system (I am running a dual boot with Ubuntu 10.4 and Windows 7) and I booted Ubuntu and after a few seconds it said "Critical temperature reached (123 C), shutting down" and it said it 5 or 6 times and it shutdown. After that I tried to do the same with Windows 7 and it went to the error screen ( http://www.withinwindows.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/menu3.png )

From there I tried the normal startup but then the screen went blue and rebooted. With repair it goes to a blue screen again and it shows this:
0x000000F4 ( 0x0000000, 0827D24E8, 0x827D2654, 0x8AA2ED50

After that I went to BIOS and looked at the temperature. It was at 123C/253F. I left it there for a while and it didn't change. After that I decided to buy a new cpu cooler so I bought a CNPS 10X PERFORMA and the problem was still there. I put my finger near the CPU and I didn't feel any heat at all.

So, the problem is that I can't start any operating systems as they think that my CPU is overheating and want to protect it. So do you guys know what could cause this problem? I'm clueless.

I tried taking off all the fans from the PSU and still the same. It is at 123C all the time.

Also, after the earphone incident, my startup logo had changed from COMPAQ to HP.

My current setup is following:
Motherboard: ASUSTEK Leonite2
CPU: Intel Celeron 420
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 8600
RAM: 3gb DDR2

If you have any questions about anything, please ask. I will answer every question within a few hour period whenever I'm able to.

PS: I know my setup isn't up-to-date but I will be updating to i5 750/1156 when I have money.

Thank you in advance.

Post a picture of the inside of your computer.

I don't own a digital camera so unfortunately that is impossible for me.

My phones camera is only 2 megapixels so it is far too low quality to get a good picture out of it.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom