Motherboard? or Sata HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Original Ninja

Beta member
im new here and a novice to computers (not a complete noob i know some stuff) I have a Sata HD, seagate, and i dont know what brand my motherboard is, if thats going to be a factor i'll find out later, anywho, my computer used to work fine until it started to shut down randomly, so i checked for virus's when ever i could get the comp back up but none showed and it went like this for a week until the video card and monitor were not working, well after messing with that i got that to work and now my mother board wont read my sata HD, we removed the Sata HD to another comp with sata connection and it can be read by that but when we try to start windows it wont, so we tried ATA HD's on my motherboard and it reads them but does the same, it wont start windows, i have no clue what to do at this point but im going insane, i keep trying and trying hope for a diffrent result when they end up being the same, can someone plz help if they can

Look at the sticky post called " HOW TO: Find out what kind of Hardware you have." that will tell you what kind of hardware you have and then you can tell others so we can help ya :)

could be any number of things causing your problem but from what you say (which really isnt much to go on) the problem isn't your HD.

If i had to guess (which is about all i can do without more info) i'd say your PSU may be failing).

When you say your Mobo won't read you HD what do you mean? is it not recognised at all or does it come up as an invalid boot device or something else?

you say your computer started to shutdown randomly, did this involve a crash, an error message or BSOD or did it literally shut off as if someone had pushed the power putton?

Have you been getting BSODs? if so what are the stop codes you've been getting?

When the display stopped working how did you get it to work again, what was wrong?

when you say you've tried other ATA drives but they wont start windows, I take it you have installed windows on them, on the computer in question? (An installation of windows from one computer will not work in another computer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom