Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
About a year ago my specs were:
Asus A8N-SLi Premium Socket 939 Board
AMD Athlon 4000+
1GB Ram
7600 GT

Now I've upgraded because of a little accident, I got a stack shot between two wires on my motherboard which either killed the power supply or the board itself, now that I'm up and running I want to know if my CPU, 1GB of ram and MOBO are salvageable for another pc. Should I try another power supply? or cheap Motherboard? Or am I wasting my time?

I would start with a multimeter and test the power supply, and eliminate components from there.

Well if you have another PSU to try your best bet would be to try it and see if hte mobo is dead or not. If it works then you know the parts would be good.

Try running with only the necessary part. Mobo, Video card and hard drive. See if it works then.

alright plugged in core components, video card, ram hard drive with no reponse or power from the mobo, i guess it's worthless now, the motherboard that is, i have no real way to test the video card, the ram, i have no idea and the cpu is socket 939.

Well if you get nothing the the mobo is dead. Have to get a new one to test stuff further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom