MotherBoard Problems I think! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question MotherBoard Problems I think!

I been dealing with this problem for quite some time trying to fix it myself but I have no luck.

I deleted my whole computer's hard drive and they tried to installed Windows XP back again but the computer would never accept the CD Boot.

I was able to go into my computer BIOS setup by hitting DELETE during setup and putting it so that it would boot up first on the CD Drive.

Seeing that it didn't fix my problem, I went and unistall the 2 SATA HDD i have on my computer thinking it was due to that since it was taking the CD Installation when it rarely booted-up through the CD.

I put the SATA back togeter, turn on the computer and now the real problem arises.

I'm unable to even go into my mother board BIOS and change stuff around.

I get to a screen that says this and then it stops, nothing happens.

Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG, An Energy Start Ally
Copyright (C) 1984-2005, Award Software, Inc.

Intel 865PE AGPSet BIOS for 8IPE1000-G/L F2

Main Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4    3.00GHz(200X12)
<CPUID:0F29 Patch ID:002E>

<DEL>: BIOS Setup/Q-Flash, <F9>: Xpress Recovery

Computer Specs:
CPU: 3.0 HT (Intel)
Ram: 2 Gbs DDR
Gigabyte Motherboard
(2) 250 GBs Western Digital Caviar HDD
Regular Mouse and Keyboard (USB Both)
Nvidia Video Card

How can I fix this problem I'm having?
Is there anyway to get to the BIOS screen so I can try to fix it?

Please help me, I'm about to go crazy because of this problem. I can answer any question you have that would help me solve this.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to Niverive Send a message via MSN to Niverive Send a message via Yahoo to Niverive
Default Re: MotherBoard Problems I think!

Hmmm, what model of Gigabyte, and have you tried clearing the CMOS using the jumper?

MOBO: ASUS M3N72-D (AM2+ Socket) CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 x4 Memory: 2GBx2 800 DDR2 Ram
Video: 8600GT OC Sound: SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
Old 09-14-2008, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hello Niverive, thanks for taking the time to answer me and tried to help me.

I looked at the motherboard model and check online to see if the motherboard had any jumpers for clearing the CMOS and found that it didn't bring any.

I tried removing the battery located on the motherboard and it think i made things worst.
I completely removed the battery with the plastic thing that sorrounds it and i think it was welded to the motherboard.

Will the Motherboard stop working properly now that it doesn't have the battery?
Do I have to buy a new MotherBoard?

Thank you for your help once again!
Old 09-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

You should not have removed that plastic thing. That is what held the battery. The battery was used to store your updated BIOS information in the CMOS. Not that you have removed it any changes made to your BIOS will be lost when you power down the PC and will have to be reapplied before you can continue again.

In all reality you could have basically killed that mobo.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread