motherboard problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

srbijanac

Beta member
I m having a problem i think is motherboard...when i turn the computer on the monitor doesnÂ’t turn on and the keyboard lights blinks once and thatÂ’s it... also the light on the front of the computer is solid green. Computer fans working everything look fine.... I had the same problem with the same type of the computer 2 moths ago... then I replaced a motherboard and it worked fine. However, I wonder what could be a problem I do not want to spend money on the motherboard. Now I have two same motherboards with two same problems.
The computer is Presario Sr1130NX.
Website to specs is
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...274&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=425917&lang=en

help appreciated

It might also be a GPU problem.If you can,find an old GPU,install it and test if the pc is working.

So everything works except for video? Does the harddrive spin? Does the CPU fan spin? Does the videocard fan spin? Do you hear any beeps?

Remove and reseat your videocard and your memory... Make sure that there is a CPU fan connected to the CPU fan pin on your motherboard. Check to see if the USB and FireWire case cables are installed correctly.

If that doesn't work, try booting without the videocard. Does your motherboard make any beeps, if so, how does it sound? Try to boot with only one stick of memory in the slot farthest away from your cpu. Do you hear any beeps, how do they sound?

What if everything works, harddrive spins, cpu fan spins, videocard fan spins, ram works on another computer, cpu works on another computer, and power supply works, but....

When you boot, no beeps.

When you boot with only cpu, ram, and NO videocard, still no beeps. Would this mean the motherboard is shot, or could it be the video card?

Side note:

What if it is the same scenario as above, but the video card fan doesn't work? Is it the motherboard or video card that is shot, since there is no beeps?

something might be wrong with the mobo or u dont have the internal speaker hooked up correctly the bios to do post correctly needs something plugged into the onboard vid or a vid card in there with something plugged in or else it will give a beep code

I ended up just getting a new mobo. I put everything back together and it works again!!!! I'm so glad I didn't replace the wrong thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom