Motherboard power prongs trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

travis

Beta member
i don't know how these prongs got unplugged.. but i'm stuck here.. i get no connection with my monitor (almost as if it wasn't plugged in to the mb) and i can't turn the computer off through the switch on the front. i understand that these prongs are for power.. but i don't know which ones go in which slots. hopefully this is the reason the monitor is not functioning and i know it's why the power switch won't work.

here is a pic of my problem.. any help would be greatly appreciated
mbpower.jpg

thank you
-travis

You need to find your motherboard manual, either in print or online. You need to find out the manufacturer/model and look it up at the manufacturer's website if you don't have the manual.

The manual will tell you where to plug everything in. Link us to the manual if you still can't figure it out.

i searched for awhile now to find the manual but maybe i'm looking in the wrong places? the mb is a gateway 300s.. bout 2 years old

i would call but my warantee is done. i guess the geek squad is all that's left. 50 bucks to plug something in.. stupid pcs haha

The one towards the bottom right is your front USB port(s). It goes on the bottom 9 prongs on the bottom of the picture (it will only go on one way).

The other ones I'm looking for. Are you sure it's a 300s?

yeah it's a gateway 300s intel celeron 2.0. i've attempted looking in the hand manual but to no avail. i also can't find anything online. maybe i'm looking in the wrong places?

thanks,
travis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom