Motherboard Post Code E0 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Motherboard Post Code E0

Hey I'm having trouble with my Asus m2n32-Sli Deluxe motherboard booting up. After pressing the power button, the power comes on, drives get power, fans connected to the motherboard turn on, LEDs light up, but then the progress stops. Nothing ever displays to the screen and no beep codes are emitted from the PC speaker. The motherboard uses the Phoenix BIOS. I purchased a motherboard POST card and the code that displays is E0. I haven't been able to find good documentation on this issue or what should be done about it, although I saw something that hinted that it may have to do with the ROM or RAM, but it didn't indicate what action should be taken. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via ICQ to vpx_rodder Send a message via AIM to vpx_rodder Send a message via Yahoo to vpx_rodder
Default Re: Motherboard Post Code E0

Pop out that ram bro if you have another system you can swap out with. is this a brand new system? did you build it?

Old 05-22-2007, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Try with just one ram module at a time and check your book to see what the configuration is .
Old 05-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thanks for the tips but that was one of the first things I tried. Also tried a different power supply. I used a pc POST card and I'm fairly certain it's the MOBO. Sent it back to newegg for a replacement. Thank god they make it easy.
Closed Thread