Motherboard Overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4rumi

Solid State Member
I recently bought a computer and when I turned it on after a few mins I would hear some crack or pop sounds, and my compute would shut down. I took off the side case and this seemed to fix the problem. Is it my motherboard overheating? I already have 2 fans and 1 heavy duty fan. The power supply does seem close to the motherboard tho. Should I buy a new case, and if so, which one?

Overheating doesn't produce crack or pop sounds, so it probably something got inside one of the coolers and made the sound.

If you are getting cracking ana popping sounds then something is seriously wrong and you should be careful, you don't want to electrocute yourself.

Normally overheating doesn't cause any cracking or popping sounds, you can't even tell it's overheating asides from temperature readings and possibly random shut downs.

If somethings making a weird noise I'd suspect your power supply to be the most likely culprit. What power supply is it and what are the rest of your system specs?

random powersupply 500w, Gigabyte GA 945 MOBO. Its more of a clicking sound when it randomly shuts down. but works fine with the case open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom