Motherboard malfunction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrad08

Solid State Member
Hi, Recently I recieved a new case and a water-cooling kit (Swiftech h20-120). Obviosuly, I had to remove the motherboard and all other componenets that detach from the motherboad(dvd drives, gpu, sound card, wireless pci card and SATA HDD). I leak tested the water-cooling unit for 2 hours and it showed no signs of leaking. So, I attached the waterblock according to the directions, and then attached all wires and perephrials to the motherboard.

Now, when I turn on my PC, it will power on for about 3-4 seconds, then restart; this occours over and over agian. I cannot turn the pC off just by simply pressing the power button in, I have to hold it for 5 or 6 seconds for it to turn off. I notice that my "Power" light on my pci wireless card blinks, indicating some kind of power interfearance, but when the PC goes into rapid restart, neither the GPU or HDD turn off, but the rest of the components do power down (most noticeably the cd/dvd drives). When i remove my GPU, the motherboard speaker beeps very loud, it also does this even if i remove the 6-pin connecter to the power supply for the GPU. I also notice that, my case has a power LED, and when the computer goes into terminal reboot, that light doesnt turn off. Ive exhausted any possible solution to my problem and need help. I called a computer technician to help me out, but i would maybe like some more information to tell him, so I come to you guys.

Is this just a product of my error that I may have cooked my motherboard during the tansfer from one case to the other? Also, I've checked so that this isnt a problem in accordance to my PSU, ive tried both of my PSU's (650watt and 620 watt) and it still terminally reboots on both supplies.

Help is greatly appriciated,
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom