Motherboard issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

6arett

Solid State Member
Hi, I have a MSI KT6V Series (MS-7021) motherboard that I accidently pluged a purple ps/2 keyboard into a green ps/2 slot while the computer was runing. It restarted and was siting at the memory scan screen were it was saying "Flashing BIOS" (even though I had no floppy or anything to flash it with) It was siting their for over 45 mins, and finnaly I shut it down and cleared the CMOS by moving JBAT1 down 1 pin. After I did that, I now have a MSI splash screen with the CoreCell thing, and it just hangs at that, like it would say the same thing but I just can't see it. So my question is, have a blown up my motherboard or anything else? Or anything? becuuase I don't want to waste my money on a new motherboard for nothing. And a Digonastic cost me $59 at the local computer store. Thanks

At the spash screen, do you hear any beeps. Does the spash screen just stay there and you can't do anything else unless you restart? And what do you mean it would say the same thing but you can't see.

Yes, their is 1 beep. I cant do anything at the splash screen the keyboard is unresposive. And what I mean is that it sits at the splash screen like it did at the memory scan screen before I reseted the CMOS

I'm still unsure what a memory scan screne is, all I understand so far is that you keep hanging at the spash screen.

Have you tried reseting CMOS again? or perhaps going in BIOS to load defaults, or perhaps try to change around some settings?

shenlingstyle said:
I'm still unsure what a memory scan screne is, all I understand so far is that you keep hanging at the spash screen.

Have you tried reseting CMOS again? or perhaps going in BIOS to load defaults, or perhaps try to change around some settings?

The memory scan screen, were it scans to see if your memory is all their. And I am hanging on that Splash screen.

I can't get into the BIOS, and I have reseted the CMOS over 5 times. If I could just get into the BIOS I would be happy.

Sounds even more troublesome than the issue I just had. For me the spash screen is where I can access BIOS. But if you can't even get into BIOS...

You are sure you're resetting the CMOS properly? Check the voltage on the battery as well just to make sure it's not low, but I highly doubt that's the problem.

If I used to have a screen where it displayed all the information about the hard drives, memory, etc, and then I reset the CMOS and its a splash screen, dosen't that mean the CMOS is reseted correctly? Awhile back I changed it so it didn't display the splash screen becuase I did'nt like it.

The keyboard dose NOT respond, and even if I try a USB or a diffrent keyboard, none respond, what I need help with is finding out exactly what has been fried or what the problemb is in this misbehaving PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom