Motherboard Issues

Elyrion

Beta member
So i recently water cooled my computer, which i think was a complete success. no leaks or anything. Everything worked fine before hand, but as i put everything back together the computer wouldn't turn on. It started flashing on and off and the power supply started making noises that sounded very similar to a car indicator. i tried a different power supply, same thing. it sounds like a power issues, but i'm not sure how anything could have changed. I've attached a video to show what i mean. I'm thinking something is shorting it out.

Sounds like a short somewhere, make sure everything is plugged in correctly! Are you sure you have the correct cables plugged in to each plug etc, could be a faulty fan on the cooling system, try everything! :D

As I understand your computer with the water cooler worked fine then you took it apart and re assembled it. Now it's not working, Right? If you took out the board from the case be sure to check if the board is now properly fitted with the metal spacers separating the board from the case. Then check the cables of the power supply for any damage. Also, check the wires at the connector, there might be some loose connections. Actually you can check the supply separately, just connect a jumper wire between the green wire and any black wire. The supply fan should start running. If it doesn't then the supply is faulty.

Regards,
Francis G.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if many people will have a jumper wire lying around Francis :p If you've tried a completely different power supply and wired it to the setup, I'd say there's something else causing the problem. If 2 PSUs aren't working in the system, usually it's not the PSU lol. Maybe check your setup for anything that looks a bit damaged or sus, if possible some pictures would probably help.

Not sure if many people will have a jumper wire lying around Francis :p

Paper clip works fine. Just have to short the green wire to any of the black ground wires, and put some kind of load on the PSU (such as a CD-ROM drive or fan). I've done it before and it's quite easy. I keep an un-bent paperclip just for this reason in my kit, in fact.

Paper clip works fine. Just have to short the green wire to any of the black ground wires, and put some kind of load on the PSU (such as a CD-ROM drive or fan). I've done it before and it's quite easy. I keep an un-bent paperclip just for this reason in my kit, in fact.

Can vouch for this. We have to do it now and then in my job.

Back
Top Bottom