500 = Hitachi
9800GTX+ card
750watt power supplye

Second one has:
Intel Pen Dual
2gigs of ram
160gig Western Digital
Onboard Graphics

Okay so yesterday I woke up and turned off computer as first thing as normal. As I turned it on it failed on verifying DMI pool. I googled it to ****. To see what i could do and came to the conclusion it was the HDD. But i was like i wonder if it really is the HDD. So i tried different SATA ports and didn't make a difference. Different cords for power and SATA didn't make a difference. But then i put the WD HDD into the main computer the first one that is and it loaded up ubuntu quite fine. So i was like this is weird. I messed around and put the Segate and Hitachi onto the second computer and it loaded my Win7/Xp/Ubuntu setup onto the other computer. Win7 one didn't fully load maybe since the onboard graphics of that computer is really really old. So then i called XFX support they gave me a few ideas of Flashing the BIOS and repairing the boot log for the hitachi/seagate. So i did that and the Live CD wouldn't work on the first computer. But it would work on the second one. So I repaired the boot and what not cleaned everything up. Put it back in the main computer still didn't work even after the BIOS update. So I came to the conclusion as irrational as it is that Windows isn't working with my xfx 780i board. Since it has no problem loading my ubuntu and backtrack4. I'm really out of ideas and really would love for someone to help me. Before I try Fdisking the drives and or moving all the data around so I could put a new OS on the Seagate. I test each HDD separate they both make the verifying DMI error. Sometimes the Hitachi goes through but that doesn't hold the bootlog.

Thanks Ahead of Time. Also for reading that whole thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom