Motherboard/Hard drive/SATA problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

andarts

Beta member
Hi,

After recently needing to upgrade, IÂ’ve purchased a new 300gig hard drive replacement and run into a problem!

The hard drive uses a SATA connection, and is connected to the appropriate port on the mother board, which is a ASUS K8V ACPI, Bios Revision 1004.

When i start the machine, the computer 'scans devices' (after the initial start up screen) and the 'Serial_Ch0 Master: Maxtor 7L300S0' comes up, which suggests its installed and ready to go.

Unfortunately, when i attempt to install windows, i get the message explaining no hard drive has been detected/installed. When i reboot and enter the BIOS, nothing relating to the hard drive is present under Primary IDE master/slave.

Under the boot priority menu, the hard drive is listed (as VIA VT6420 1st HDD), but selecting as the 1st boot device makes no difference.

Am I correct in thinking this is a motherboard problem? If so, what steps will be needed to get the hard drive configured?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and for any help or advice.

Andy

Thanks for the reply, after my own Google searching I've became aware of the need to use the F6 key!

The problem is, i don't have any discs, nor can i find anything on the ASUS website!

Thanks for your help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom