Motherboard broken ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokuba

Beta member
Hey,
Here is my problem, which I hope you guys can help with :

A few days ago one morning my computer did not start after it had been switched off for the night. There was a strange "ticking" sound and when I opened the case I saw that the PSU and motherboard fan moved for a second and then stopped. And so over and over. After consulting a friend I took the PSU for repairing and the guy I took it to said he repaired it and the PSU works now on his pc. But there is still exactly the same problem for me.

So probably the problem is the motherboard ?
Is it possible that the fixed PSU might ruin the new motherboard ?

Thanks for the help,
Thomas

I'm not so sure I would trust the guy that "Repaired" your power supply. His system might not need as much power as yours so if it's weak it may power his and not yours. You should try/borrow a new power supply in your pc 1st and then replace the mobo if needed.

you saw that the PSU and motherboard fan moved for a second and then stopped .. hmmm
first test the power supply :
remove the PSU from your pc & connect the green wire & any black wire .. it should work .. if it didn't work so that's mean it wasn't fixed ..
if its fan running then it is the mainboard .. check for any shorts with the case ... !
take the motherboard out of the case & connect it to the PSU then test if it will run ..
but the important is to test the PSU first ..

sorry for my bad English , :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom