Motherboard bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

In Runtime
im not really sure whats going on now...

but, as of mid last week, my computer started to start up, and wanting a boot disc... only 1 out of 3 times i started the computer, did it actully load correctly.

i left if for a few days, and then now, it doesnt even want a boot disc.
when i turn on the computer, it brings up the big AI screen, with the name of my mobo, and if i wanna press DEL to enter setup. this screen normally only stays there for a few seconds or so, but now it takes a few minutes to disapear, weather i press DEL, or let it load, it doesnt seem to matter.

it then continues to load up, taking its sweet time, untill it comes to a screen telling me it didnt load properly, and if i wanna go into safe mode, normal mode, or the last known working config... and no matter what i press, it thinks for abit, then a blue screen flashes for about 1/4 of a second, then the compter restarts, and the entire ordeal begins over again.

i have not encountered this before, so am unsure of what i should be doing to fi it, but i have tryed swaping the hard disk, to no avail, and a few other things.

because of the slow loading times, it makes me think this is mobo related... any suggestions of what i can do to fix it, or what the real problem really is?

the motherboard is a asus m2n-sli deluxe

[edit: also, this seemed to occur randomly, as i did not install any new hardware, or software.]

any help is very much appriciated, cos im really in the dark on this one

Download and run Memtest
Try clearing your motherbaord's BIOS and using a new CMOS battery (it's a 2032 watch battery)

how would i run memtest if i cannot get past the POST?

i will try clearing the BIOS when i get time tomorrow... i recall a post about reseting the bios, so i guess ill just follow that, thx jorsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom