Monitors consistently crash during gaming

bobbydinner

Beta member
First post, so I apologize if I leave something out.

I can't seem to play any GPU heavy games without my monitors going black and refusing to recognize my current graphics inputs. Tried playing Battlefield 1, Mass Effect Andromeda, Dragon Age Inquisition, and The Witcher 3. Inquistion is the only one I can play for an extended amount of time before the screens crash. I can only play the others for roughly 15 minutes before the crash. I have to do a hard reboot to get my monitors to pick up my pc.

Intel I5-4690 3.5GHz
Geforce 1070 SC 8GB
ASUS B85M-E
WD Blue 1TB
12GB of ram

This problem never occured with my old Radeon 6970 2GB. Someone point me in the right direction so I can quit pulling my hair out.

*If I missed any hardware, just lemme know and I'll tell you what I got*

Thanks!

Have you tried updating your GPU drivers? Have you monitored your temps before the crash(es)?

Yes, I've done a clean sweep of all old drivers several times, temps are good before the crash, but the fans spike up when the monitors go blank. I have no way of tracking the temps during the crash though.

Sorry, it's a 600W SolidGear psu

Never heard of that brand, and I can't find any reviews on it either, but judging by it's very cheap ($25.) price, It's most likely a very cheap PSU. You should get a better PSU regardless, preferably one with good reliability and quality like EVGA, Corsair or Seasonic brand names

Never heard of that brand, and I can't find any reviews on it either, but judging by it's very cheap ($25.) price, It's most likely a very cheap PSU. You should get a better PSU regardless, preferably one with good reliability and quality like EVGA, Corsair or Seasonic brand names
This. Sounds like your PSU is taking a **** on you at load.

Back
Top Bottom