Status
Not open for further replies.

sajjadracer11

Solid State Member
I completed building my computer:

1. Screwed in the case.
2. connected power supply.
3. connected hdd, cd , floppy.
4. installed Radeaon 7000 ddr memory video card.

when i press On, the monitor doesnt show anything.

WHY is THIS.

check all the obviouse stuff, cables power etc.. the usual, thou i expect you've already done this.
next check up on how well the internal stuff is connected, check the gcard is in, as well as the power to the mobo?
try checking the moniter on another comp? if its an old one it may have bust.
you could well have messed somthing up when building, this could be a range of thinks ranging from drastic to slap-on-th-fore-head silly. go through ever thing you need to make it run, there may be an online guide for baisc guidelines you can check against.
hope its nothing to seriouse.

The monitor does turn on though right, its just not getting a signal.

If the monitor is actually getting no power, and you have it plugged in then its a monitor issue. If its just not getting a signal then it means somethings wrong with the computer, make sure you have the video card seated in right as a first step.

Do you have some RAM installed? Make sure all cables and components are installed correctly. If the mobo powering up? Does the computer do anything when you push the On button?

Make sure you have heatsink + thermal paste on everything. I made the mistake of not putting a heatsink of my cpu the first time I turned it on and it fried pretty fast.

theycallhimtom said:
Make sure you have heatsink + thermal paste on everything. I made the mistake of not putting a heatsink of my cpu the first time I turned it on and it fried pretty fast.

You forgot the heatsink? ouch. I hope it was nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom