Monitor won't start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Check

Beta member
I shut off my computer (including the monitor) last night, and this morning, the monitor wouldn't work.

A cleaning lady well... cleaned this room, so not sure if that could affect anything. She moved something, or whatever.

Anyway.
The monitor wouldn't turn on. The light that shows it's on wouldn't go on either.
The keyboard/mouse/printer would turn on, but not the monitor.

The computer starts up; you can hear the fans and whatnot going on inside of it as it usually does.

I checked the cords, took them out, put them in, took them out, placed them in new slots. Nothing.

So I'm tried using an old monitor, and that worked, using the same cord I used to plug the monitor into the computer itself. It worked, so here I am posting.

Is the monitor just dead? Because this monitor is actually /older/ than the other. Any help is appreciated.

did you double check the power cord into the back of the monitor. Sometimes they are hard wired and sometimes not. I have seen that one come loose before.

Hmmm. The one that's from the computer to the monitor is like.

There's one with two screws, then another one attached with two screws.

If you play with it, it wiggles around a bit.
I /did/ try to fix that. I even stacked books under it to keep it straight into the computer.

So the problem is probably with the cords or the monitor itself, right?

yes. Play with all of the wires into the monitor. disconnect them and reconnect them if you can. Use different cables if you can. Once you eliminate the cables as an issue you know it is the monitor since the computer works just fine with another monitor.

Pretty sure it's not that monitor-to-computer cord, because I'm using that cord with this monitor, and it's working fiiiine.

Maybe it's the one going into the outlet?

There's a bricker adapter in it, or whatever the big block is called.

I took the plug out of that brick adapter, and the light on it stayed on.

I removed relocated the one in the outlet too.

Should I just retest the old monitor using this monitor's cord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom