Monitor won't get any signal - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Monitor won't get any signal

Well recently I turned my computer on and my monitor wouldn't get a signal. My motherboard had problems in the past, so I replaced it. I checked my monitor on another computer, and it worked fine. When I turn on the power all fans come on. Including the fan on my graphics card. Any idea what it could be? Here are specsGeforce 9800gt cardQ6600 processorBiostar g41 dvi motherboard4 gb of corsair ram

Old 09-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Monitor won't get any signal

What is your PSU make and wattage? Sounds like you aren't supplying enough power to the board.

__________________ Steam Account
Old 09-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

450w dynex. Was powering my nvidia 670 lt sli fine for 2 years.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

No signal is a connection issue, try to re-seat all connections from the monitor and to the graphics card, try to connect to an integrated connection on the motherboard.
Try to use a different kind of cable hdmi, vga or dvi.

Also check the simple stuff. Make sure the monitor is on the correct source mode, and that all the connections are secure.

If none of this works unplug the monitor from the computer, and power cycle the computer and monitor.
Closed Thread