Monitor is a TV/PC Magnavox- no sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoddessVirage

Baseband Member
I am using a Magnavox TV that has built in speakers as my monitor. No sound comes out of the speakers and I believe the drivers I have should be fine since they came with the motherboard CD (I am using onboard sound). Am I right to assume that the reason the sound doesn't work is because the cable I have the monitor plugged into the tower with is the typical VGA display cable. What kind of cable- if any- should I use to get the built in speakers to work?

It has the red/white for left/right plugs- but the cable I have has red/white on each end, so if I were to plug it into my computer would that work?

Actually- as I look at the back of the monitor there is an empty audio plug next to it, both of the sockets are black. I have no idea what kind of cable to use. The model of the TV is a 17MD255

I was mistaken, it's not an HDMI cable it's a VGA cable so I believe it only works with video and not with any sound.. I'll edit my post so I don't confuse anyone. My computer has an HDMI port right next to the VGA one and I just read the wrong label! I don't have an HDMI cable so I am trying to see if there is another way to get sound.

If the tv lets you add RCA cables for sound while the VGA is plugged up you can buy a cheap cable that converts the connection from the jack on the computer to RCA outputs. That is about the only option other than using PC speakers, or a sound system connected directly to the pc, or using an HDMI cable and selecting the video cards audio output as the default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom