Monitor to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corren

Beta member
I have two 2333T 23" Widescreen LCD Samsung Monitors that have a VGA and a DVI port on both of them. I want to make it so that I can watch TV or hook it up to a standard DVD player via RCA connection (like use the yellow, red, white cable). I looked online and saw some simple VGA to RCA cables (it had the yellow RCA cable and a VGA on the ends). This cost about $10.

Basically, can I use a simple cord to make my monitor into a TV?

I know that I can do this if I buy a fancy TV tuner box, but I think I can do it this way. If it comes down to it, I can use my computer and graphics card. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 that has 2 DVI ports. (But I would like to avoid that if possible...)

Thanks for any help!!

What outputs does your TV tuner have (whether it's a separate box or one in your PC, or do you use the one built into your TV)?

As long as you can use that output and can find a converter for that output to your monitor's input, it will work fine.

Yes, that should work fine (assuming the RCA end is meant to be input and the VGA end is meant to output).

Yes, that is my intended purpose. It seems so simple yet I cant find anywhere online to confirm it. I will give it a shot now. Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom