monitor trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2k556

In Runtime
hi, my name is Gavin. I've recently been having some monitor trouble. Everytime i go to change the resolution or rotate, nothing happens. So i began to try and troubleshoot myself, and came to my own conclusion, whether i'm right or not, that it's microsoft's fault. I just updated xp after a while of ignoring the little balloon that always pops up. after this i couldn't change my resolution. I then went a little more indepth, and found that microsoft replaced the drivers for my graphics card and monitor. so i downloaded the driver for my graphics card. I've tried looking for drivers for my monitor, but have came up empty handed. Anyone have suggestions. I have a proview GZ-777NS. yea, it's kind of old, and i guess after a few years, the company doesn't have the drivers anymore. oh and i can't find the cd for the monitor either. thanks in advance.

what is your video card? its not neccesarily a windows problem. personally i have never heard of windows overwriting your drivers without asking you or at least letting you know.

are you sure that is the model of your monitor too? i havent found anything at all on that monitor. not a single result on google or proview's site

yes, i know, i've seached google for it. On the back it says "Model/modell" and the number, but now that i think about it, it may be DZ or GZ i can't remember. but either way, if you search 777NS you can't find either. and i'm positive that its 777NS and the first two letters ends in Z. now i go to computer management from the control panel and aministrative tools, and i look at what drivers it has, and they are digitally signed by microsoft, so that's why i'm thinkin' this. i may be wrong, but when i updated xp, i couldn't change my resolution, it just stays the same, if this isn't the problem, could there be any other reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom