Monitor trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipique

In Runtime
Every once in a while, my monitor fades, gets darker and darker until it's completely black and I can't see anything anymore... and then gets bright again. I just can't figure it out.

I have tried it on multiple computers and multiple locations, and it does the same thing everywhere. It is a ViewSonic E90f 19" CRT monitor. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Dan

lol that would be pretty cool to see. There is no trouble shooting monitors really. The either work or they dont, if you ever opened one up there isnt much to fix inside of one and pretty dangerous to try to. if it happens on many systems so you know its just a monitor problem, its time for a new one or return that one and get your money back.

maybe check all your settings on the monitor. leave it pluged into a wall and unpluged from your system so you see then red green and blue strips that it tests with and see if it still does the fading.

The problem is that it happens every 5-6 hours of use, which means I'd have to wait for it to fade for a long time.

Also, when it's plugged in and the computer isn't on, it makes a very high pitch sound, but as soon as you turn the computer off, it stops.

What a weird monitor. Gee.

Dan

the high pitch sound can be a capacitor problem, which would explain the fading. if the capacitor is leaking then the power of the monitor will be drained slowly and then cause the fading to black.

Nope, and the first thing you learn about monitors is you dont touch them. the capicitors on the inside of a monitor are pretty **** strong and are not something to be played with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom