monitor too bright - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2005, 04:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default monitor too bright

I just bought a used KDS AV-195TF CRT monitor, it seems to be working fine except it is way too bright... i turned down the brightness all the way on the monitor settings, installed the proper drivers, used adobe gamma graphics setup program, along with the settings for my graphics processor to try and darken it, but it is still way too bright. The monitor cable looks really old, but seems in proper working order, none of the pins are bent, but there are only 11 pins and 15 places to have pins. I looked on my old monitor, its cable is the same way, with 11 of 15 pins, but in different positions. Does this matter at all? What should I do? THanks in advance.

Old 10-28-2005, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

raise the refresh rate on the monitor

The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Old 10-28-2005, 04:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

You don't need all the pins.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I can't find how to raise the refresh rate on the monitor itself.... In my graphics settings i have the refresh rate as high as it will go, 85hz.
Closed Thread