monitor screen resolution problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

anewmmafan

Solid State Member
hello,

I have recently bought a new widescreen monitor (viewsonic VA2012wb). When i first plugged it in i tried installing the cd it came with, it didnt have the model of monitor i have so i had to use their website to download my drive. Finally i installed my monitor's driver but i still had one problem, the resolution was still not the right one. I currently have a 1600 x 1024 resolution, and i need to have a 1680 x 1050 for my monitor to display right. I once somehow 3 weeks before was able to finally get it to 1680 x 1050 through something of windows updating or something. but then i restarted my computer 2 days ago and it went back to 1600 x 1024 and i cant get it back to how i want it. I need your guys' help to get my resolution back

thanks,

anew

what kind of video card are u using ATI or Geforce? because if ur using ATI then u can try going to Catayst Control Centre and change it from there instead of using the Display properties

try doing this..

right click on the desktop, select properties, settings, advanced, then click the monitor tab and make sure there is no tick in the box saying "hide modes that this monitor cannot display"

just give that a shot...it worked on my viewsonic monitor :) but im using 1400x1280

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom