Monitor Resolution Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

R3dphas3

Solid State Member
Last night while trying to swap my resolution on my dual screen setup both creens went black. I can still hear my computer operating and the startup screen/bios all still show up on my monitors but i cannot get anything beyond the windows xp logo to show up.

is there anyway to reset your resolutions from the bios or some other remote location?

thaks a ton

Before the XP logo, press F8 to get the advanced boot menu. Try safe mode to reset your resolution. There also should be an option for VGA mode in the advanced menu if Safe Mode doesn't work, if I recall right.

Hm, can't seem to get into saf mode.

my mobo: Foxconn c51xem2aa has always booted with some sort of bios bootlist running and f8'ing during it does nothing.

Nothing happns when i try to boot to safe.

im tapping f8 as the computer starts all the way through the boot process and it boots the same way it would if i hadn't tried to tap f8.

my kyborad is operational though, bcuase i can move around in bios with it.

Do you have a microsoft keyboard with the f lock button on it? if so try another keyboard or just try another for the fun of it. Look in your bios under usb setup to see if there is a setting for usb keyboards.

tried using a different keyboard, now i cant get either keyboard to pickup any input button presses.

anyone else wanna dig me deeper into this hole?

-nothing beyond the boot screens will display on my monitor
-comp wont recognize any of my keyboards now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom