Monitor resolution problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
I just bought a new 23 inch 1080p monitor from best buy, it's an LG. The mas resoltuion should then be 1920x1080 but when i set it to this in the personalize menu it doesn't fill up the whole screen. I have a black box around my desktop. How can i fill up my screen?

Also, everything looks super small, am i just used to having 1280x1024 on a 26inch? Is it supposed to look this small?

Thanks in advance
Thresh

edit* Also, to install new gpu drivers do i need to get rid of the old ones first?

Are you sure it is a 23 inch monitor, or TV? As my 720P tv always has a black box around it, and if it is a TV, chances are, it has a SLIGHTLY different resolution, they make the claim of 1080P, but they can sometimes go higher, or just under that by a bit.

And everything will look that small since you are trying to run at a higher resolution on a SMALLER screen, it means you have more pixels, and everything is a set size pretty much.

You have become used to 1280x1024 on a 26inch screen, 1280x1024 is standard for 15-19 monitors.

But yea, higher resolutions usually make things smaller, hence the reason for larger monitors at higher resolutions, and vice versa.

If you want, poke around your GPU driver software to see if it has options to stretch the screen out, and check to see what the screens actual standard resolution is, for both monitors.

Also, it is good practice to uninstall old drivers while in safemode, then install new drivers when updating them.

Nope. definitely a monitor. The reason I got this cuz i was tired of the **** resoltion from my 720p tv. Could it be a driver issue? I have an hd 4850.

What originally happened was i updated drivers with my tv, worked for a few days then all fo a sudden desktop wouldn't show anymore. I'd get to the windows loading then itd go to desktop and it wouldn't show up. So i went into safe mode and went back to old drivers and then updated from safe mode.

So I'm thinking I could have a driver issue, any way to tell. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom