Monitor resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamsalvation

Baseband Member
At my work I just recently put in a new computer for one of the secretaries. It was a custom build machine that the last computer tech (who just up and quit) and purchased to be put at her desk. It is running an MSI mobo with integrated video, which is all she really needs. Well, when i conntected the computer to her old monitor everything went fine, that is until the computer got it's first restart. Everytime the computer restarts or the monitor gets turned off in power saving mode the monitor loses all settings. Brightness, screen adjustment, everything. Also when restarting or powering up the monitor will click loudly 4 or 5 times and each time it will be resetting all the settings on it.. So you can turn it on, start uping the brightness and it will click and cut the brightness back down to nothing. Does this sound like a monitor problem or should I just drop an old Geforce Mx400 video card into the computer? The company has already ordered her a new LCD monitor to replace this old CRT, so one way or another it will get fixed. What is your money on, monitor or video?

Can you get into VGA mode by pressing F5 when the computer is loading up? if so try changing the revloution to 1024 x 768 and try puttting the fresh rate to 60:) my is the windows Display settings :)

try a different monitor so that you can be certain its not the PC, id suggest installing the latest drivers for the on board VGA as it usually sucks

yea so he shopuld start it in VGA MODE and change it to 1024 x 768. i really do think this will work.

wel when you try and get into start mode there is other modes aswel above it but you can also select it by hitting F5 instead of F8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom