Monitor Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
Question about text clarity. I just bought a new 22 inch LCD monitor today by ViewSonic. I was just reading an email which was line after line after line of text, and I realized some lines were slightly blurry while others were completely clear. As I sloooowly scrolled down, I noticed the the lines that were once blurry became more clear, and as I scrolled down more, they'd get blurry, then clear, blurry, clear, etc. It seemed like there were horizontal sections on the monitor where text isn't as sharp. Now this is the first LCD I've ever owned, so I'm unsure of why this would be. Now keep in mind, the blurry lines aren't like, unreadable. They're VERY easy to read, it's just when you take a close look it's evident there's some differences from line to line.

I tried changing the settings on the monitor, and I noticed it even had a "text" setting, but even then it doesn't do anything. Just curious as to why I noticed this.

And if you folks who have LCD monitors could maybe do a little test and see. I only really noticed it on my yahoomail, checking an email.

The VX2235wm.

Someone just told me her boyfriend's was like that when he got it. She suggested I refresh it, but went idle and won't get back to me. How do I do that?

There was no driver. And I'm using Linux, for what it's worth.

edit - I lied. There is a driver. But only windows and mac are listed on the system requirements. What can I do? :(

All right, some new info here.

Turns out that the reason I was seeing the slightly blurry text was due to my resolution being 1280x1024. I couldn't set it any higher though. Now here's the tricky part. I went into windows and I could set it to 1680x1050. However when I went back in linux, my resolution was kicked down to 1024x768 and that was the highest I could go.

I should probably post this in the linux forums, but with windows it's fine. How can I get linux to accept the native resolution of my monitor, being 1680x1050?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom