Monitor Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

RxLife

Baseband Member
My little brother was playing some game on a faulty card...I called sapphire and I was about to ship it to the RMA dept to get a replacement....Anyway, Hes playing a game and said the monitor turned off. ...So he restarts it and said it turned on for a few seconds and turned it off again...I swapped cards quickly, booted it up again and I hear sound but no picture...This is an old monitor I got ways back from Dell..>Flatscreen 19inch .....Is it done with...Or are the cards having problems...

well since you tried 2 different card, i would say that the monitor is most likely shot.

Also make sure the power cord is connected properly, maybe he just knocked a cord loose when he was playing. Look into that before you buy any monitors or throw that one away.

So was the Sapphire card bust, or was it the monitor playing tricks on you?

See I had an old CRT monitor die on me and that was funny (it wobbled a bit, then the screen shrank and then it emitted a blue light and lots of smoke - Hurrah for Daewoo monitors!)

So anyway back to the point, I can imagine TFTs just dying like that - its seems to be their style. But if said monitor is knackered it may be that your graphics card wasn't.

And has anyone had a TFT die on them? I mean what happens? Does it just stop working? Is there light and magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom