monitor problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2006, 06:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default monitor problem

It appears there is some kindve white dot on my monitor. The monitor is a viewsonic flat plasma screen.

The dot isn't too noticeable, but if the background is all black, you can see it. I've made totally sure that its not a glare, a stain/mark on the monitor or anything of that sort. It appears to be actually inside the monitor, and has a faint white line behind it.

Is this normal with plasma monitors? Is there a way to fix it? I've tried memory recall/refreshing the screen but its still there. It doesn't bug me a whole lot, half the time I can't even see it, but its still there and im wondering if theres a way to get rid of it.

By the way the dot is not a perfect circle or a graphic animation, it looks like a big grain of sand.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

the little dot is caused by lack of phosphorus in that particular spot of the monitor, there is no way to fix this as far as i know

with plasma monitors there usually are some defects image ghosting, caused by use of phosphorus in the screen, and poor text representation.

in my opinion LCD and CRT will give u a much crisper view (picture)

Old 09-26-2006, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thanks i'll check that out. I notice it has an irregular appearance, its there and then its happened on someones blog, they had an all black background, but when I shrink their page its gone. Maybe its an illusion of their page but I don't think so....
Closed Thread