monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

monitor

Beta member
Hi, I have a really strange problem with my computer and its monitor. I bought Logitech UltraX remote control and the receiver is on usb. But after a while (about 10 hours) i noticed the monitors view area (I mean the windows desktop) had become really small. It was normal in up-down direction but left-right it was very small. When i tried making the view area larger with monitor (samtron 96p, video card club 3d radeon x550, other cards are hauppauge tv-card, sb live and network card on MSI k8n nforce platinum) buttons i noticed the left-right buttons dont work, or actually they both work towards left, and when trying to make the view area larger this means the area just gets smaller whether i use the left or right button (right button should make it larger). I tried unplugging all the usb devices (mouse, webcam, printer, receiver for remote control) and restarted the machine went into bios so windows wouldnt load but even then the same thing happened. I tried this monitor with another machine and then the left-right buttons worked correctly... I really have never seen anything like this.. Would anyone have any idea what might cause this ??

edit: I also noticed the monitor is extremely hot on the top

edit again: now i put some old s3 video card on pci slot and now the monitor isnt hot anymore and the rightwards button works, but windows says that this video card doesnt work properly because there are not enough free resources for it

Thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom