Monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2k4

In Runtime
I had an old Rage II+ (PCI) video card laying around and an old monitor so after some research I hooked up the Rage II and another monitor and I now have duel displays which I like very much.

Now the problem, on my monitor that is connected to my AGP card (9800 AIW pro) There are moving lines. I'll try to explain because I dont think it's artifacting. You know if you're watching the news and they're interviewing someone in an office and you see lines going down on the monitor (the refresh rate is seen by the camera) I'm getting that. I've tried changing the hertz but it's not making the lines go away. Anyone know what the problem is?

EDIT
Just so you guys know both monitors are CRT's. If I move them apart the problem stops but they need to be about 1 foor apart. Any idea what's going on and how I stop it?

Maybe its the radiation from the screens. Have you deguassed them?

A metal barrier should preven this if that doesn't work.

I can deguass the one connected to the AGP card (it's a lot newer) but the other one... well it's too old ot do that. It's so old in fact it's running at 43 Hertz. Anything higher and the picture gets scrambled. It's not exactly a convienant spot for a sheet of metal to be between them either. Any other ideas?

electromagnetic inteference is my best guess. Try moving their power sources away from each other. Make sure the power cable for both monitors don't cross over each other's cables or go near the back side of the other monitor. I never tested it, but it doesn't hurt to try, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom